This years’ Summer Reading Program runs from June 3rd –July 26th, 2019. Learn more about Summer Reading below, and be sure to checkout our calendar to register for lots of fun events!
What is Summer Reading?
- Summer Reading initially began to keep school-aged kids reading throughout their summer vacation. Over the years, however, it expanded to keep kids learning and engaged as well as just reading. Summer Reading now includes performers to pique curiosity, service projects to give back to the community, math challenges and STEM programming to reach all kinds of learners. With all these additions, Summer Reading was expanded to include all ages – birth to adult. After all, we all deserve a little summer fun!
How do I Participate?
- Sign up at the Library or online at https://grimes.beanstack.org
- You will need to stop by the Library if you want a paper reading log rather than participating online.
- You can also download the Beanstack App, available for Android and Apple devices.
- If you participated in Summer Reading last year, you already have a Beanstack account! Call the Library for your login credentials.
- Earn points by reading and completing activities.
- As you earn points, you earn prizes. Stop by the Library to claim your prizes!
- Have Fun!