Email Jill Fisher at email@example.com to reserve your plot.
“Check Out” a plot using a Grimes Public Library card. Don’t have a library card? It’s easy & free – come in with a photo ID and proof of current address (piece of mail, check, bill, etc.) and sign up for a card. Plots will be checked out to you for the entire garden season.
- Plots are first-come, first-served. Plot size is 15′ x 20′.
- Plots are assigned by number. Maximum of 2 plots per family.
- The Garden is located at the Maranatha Baptist Church in Grimes: 877 SE 19th St. Grimes, Iowa 50111.
- All garden plots are for organic gardening only. Only plant based chemicals are allowed.
- Plots cost $10 for the entire season. Payment is due when you sign your contract.
- If you neglect your garden, City of Grimes reserves the right to charge $50.00 at the end of the season.
- All gardeners must sign the GRIMES COMMUNITY GARDEN CONTRACT 2019. Contracts must be signed before a plot will be assigned.
- Water Source: Hoses are at the garden for your convenience. Water is always turned on. To access water, press and twist on the nozzle. Please release the nozzle when you are done to stop the flow of water.
- Your produce is yours to keep, sell, or give away.
- Please see the updated map of available plots to the right.
February 1-28 – Maranatha church members and previous Community Garden plot holders may register at the Library for a 2019 plot.
March 1 – Garden plot registration is open to the public. You must have a Grimes Library card before you can check out a plot.
March 1 – April 15 – Plots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Once assigned, gardeners may begin caring for their plots.
April 1 – 20 – The ground will be tilled (date TBD).
April 15 – May 15 – Gardens should be planted.
May 27/Memorial Day weekend – Garden Evaluation – If plot ‘owners’ have not cared for garden/been in your garden by this weekend, plot will be forfeited and given away to someone else.
October 1 – 15- Plots are cleaned out per the contract and “returned” in the condition it was given in the spring.
October 16-30- City will work up the ground for following year.
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org