Iowa Libraries Adventure Pass Program
- A partnership between participating Iowa public libraries and museums, parks, and other attractions
- An avenue for libraries to expand access to knowledge, information, and learning for their patrons through an online reservation system
- A way for community partners to share what they have to offer with a broader audience
How does it work?
- Libraries sign up annually to participate in the Adventure Pass program. An annual fee pays for the online management system for all passes. The enrollment period is every April 1-30.
- Each library then purchases an annual pass (prices vary) to each location they wish to have a membership to.
- Pass information is loaded into the online management system for each library, and the printable passes become available for patrons to reserve.
What are the parameters?
- Library card holders 18 years old and over who are in good standing with their library are eligible to borrow an Adventure Pass through their library’s website. (Libraries must agree to only circulate passes to residents of their city and any contracting cities.)
- Patrons may only check out 1 pass for each venue per 365 days.
- The pass is valid for 2 adults and 2 children. The printed pass and a valid photo ID must be presented at the gates to be admitted to the venue.
- The online system blocks the pass from being used more than twice per week.
- Passes are available 24/7 through each library’s website.
- Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
- Reservations may be cancelled through the library up to the day before their reservation.
- Patrons reserve the pass online by entering their library card number. They must present the printed reservation confirmation page and a valid photo ID for admittance to each venue.
- The pass is valid for the reserved date only, and admits 2 adults and 2 children to the venue. Additional attendees must pay regular admission prices at the door.
Contact Karalee at 515-986-3551 or email@example.com for more information.
Current ILAPP Participating Venues
African American Museum of Iowa: 319-862-2101
Blank Park Zoo: 515-285-4722
Des Moines Children’s Museum: 515-218-8344