Iowa Libraries Adventure Pass Program
- A partnership between participating Iowa public libraries and museums, parks, and other attractions
- An avenue for libraries to expand access to knowledge, information, and learning for their patrons through an online reservation system
- A way for community partners to share what they have to offer with a broader audience
How does it work?
- Libraries sign up annually to participate in the Adventure Pass program. An annual fee pays for the online management system for all passes. The enrollment period is every April 1-30.
- Each library then purchases an annual pass (prices vary) to each location they wish to have a membership to.
- Pass information is loaded into the online management system for each library, and the printable passes become available for patrons to reserve.
What are the parameters?
- Library card holders 18 years old and over who are in good standing with their library are eligible to borrow an Adventure Pass through their library’s website.
- Patrons may only check out 1 pass for each venue per 365 days.
- The pass is valid for 2 adults and 2 children. The printed pass and a valid photo ID must be presented at the gates to be admitted to the venue.
- The online system blocks the pass from being used more than twice per week.
- Passes are available 24/7 through each library’s website.
- Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
- Reservations may be cancelled through the library up to the day before their reservation.
- Patrons reserve the pass online by entering their library card number. They must present the printed reservation confirmation page and a valid photo ID for admittance to each venue.
- The pass is valid for the reserved date only, and admits 2 adults and 2 children to the venue. Additional attendees must pay regular admission prices at the door.
Contact Karalee at 515-986-3551 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Current ILAPP Participating Venues
African American Museum of Iowa: 319-862-2101
Blank Park Zoo: 515-285-4722
Des Moines Children’s Museum: 515-218-8344