Join us for a S.T.E.M. themed monthly book club geared for upper elementary and middle school readers. Read the book on your own, check in for weekly discussion posts, and join us at the library once a month for an in-person meet up! June’s book is “Song for a Whale” by Lynne Kelly.
Click on the weeks below for questions and activities. (additional links provided below each week)
- A Few Things to Know about American Sign Language by NPR https://youtu.be/wa0nxppMJ-Q
- Visit http://www.tuberadioland.com/philco38-690_main.html to see pictures of a Philco 38-690XX.
- From Phonographs to Spotify: A Brief History of the Music Industry by Wall Street Journal https://youtu.be/-bVketPj5to
- Explore at least one whale resource linked on the author’s website http://lynnekellybooks.com/wordpress whales
- Read the description of Clayton Valli’s poem “Dandelions” before watching him sign the poem on You Tube!
- “Dandelions” by Clayton Valli on You Tube https://youtu.be/hZ1LTInEQbk
Wed, June 30th Sound Waves
- IN PERSON – 1pm outside the Library