Family Thursday: Spin Art Kit
Grab and Go crafts for the whole family. Stop by the Library to pick up your kit while supplies last!
In your kit: wooden spinning top, washable tempera paint
You will need: a flat surface outside where your top will spin and it is okay to get some paint, optional piece of paper and tape
- Find a flat surface outside where your spinning top will spin and where it is ok to get a little paint (optional: tape down a piece of paper on the outside surface to protect it)
- Practice spinning
- Use spoon to place blobs of paint (water soluble tempera paint) on top of the flat surface on your spinning top
- Spin your top and stand back to watch the paint fly decorating both your spinning top and your spinning surface
- Dip the bottom tip of your spinning top in the paint and spin again to see what designs it will make
- Repeat as many times as you wish
Checkout our Pinterest Board for instructions and additional ideas!