Updated Services as of May 18, 2020
Posted on: May 14, 2020 | By: grimes
While the Governor has given libraries permission to open at 50% capacity, the prohibition on social, community, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings and events of more than 10 people does not allow us to safely reopen to the public at this time. As a precaution, our physical building will remain closed. While we wait on the social distancing measures to decrease, we are continuing to safely expand our offerings:
Starting Monday, May 18th
- Our no-contact service returns to a curbside service with expanded hours of 10AM-6PM M-F. Place your holds online, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (515-986-3551). We will gather your items and check them out to you. Please call when you arrive in our parking lot to tell us your name and what you are driving. We will deliver your items to your trunk. The items checked out to you will have a due date slip inside. Please refer to it as all of our due dates have returned to ‘normal.’
- Wi-Fi continues to be extended throughout the entire parking lot.
- Printing services are available during our curbside service hours. To print an item, follow the instructions found at: https://www.grimes.lib.ia.us/wireless-printing . Please call us when you have arrived in our parking lot (515-986-3551). Let us know how you submitted the print job (email, app, or mobile). We will then let you know what the charge is for the pages you want printed and deliver them to the trunk of your car.
- Please bring change to pay for your print jobs as we will not be accepting credit cards for this service.
- Notary services will be available Wednesday mornings from the hours of 8:00AM to 12:00 PM. Please call 515-986-3551 to make an appointment and to ensure we have notary staff available.
- Overdue fines will resume. Fees can be paid by credit card via our online system, or by placing cash/change in an envelope into our drop box. Please ensure the envelope is tightly closed and clearly labeled with your name and card number.
We look forward to expanding our services and continuing to serve you during this time. Again, thank you for your patience, kindness, and understanding as we try to safely navigate during this time.