Interlibrary Loan (Borrow from another library)
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
Can't find the book you need at the Grimes Public Library? You may be able to request it from another library! Instead of driving all over the countryside looking for the book you need, you can have it sent right to our library here in town!
- To request a book from another library:
- Ask at the check-out desk. We will fill out a request form for you.
Things to remember when borrowing from other libraries:
- There is a $2.00 fee to help cover the cost of postage for each book borrowed through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- We cannot request books that have been published within the past 6 months.
- It may take 1 to 2 weeks to receive a book after requesting it.
- If you need to renew a book borrowed from another library, please call us 1 week before the due date to give us time to contact the lending library. The lending library may or may not approve the renewal request.
- There will be a fine of $.10 per day if the item is not returned by the due date set by the Grimes Library.
- Materials received through ILL will be held for you through the length of the lending library's loan. If the item is not picked up you will be charged a $5.00 fee.
For more information, please see the library's Interlibrary Loan policy.