Grimes Giving Garden
Email Jill Fisher at email@example.com to reserve your plot.
“Check Out” a plot using a Grimes Public Library card. Don’t have a library card? It’s easy & free – come in with a photo ID and proof of current address (piece of mail, check, bill, etc.) and sign up for a free card. This will help us keep better track of the plots. Plots will be checked out to you for the entire garden season.
Here are the basics:
- Plots are first-come, first-served. Plot size is 15 x 20.
- Plots are assigned by number.
- The Garden is located at 877 SE 19th St. Grimes, Iowa 50111. This is the Maranatha Baptist Church in Grimes.
- All garden plots are for organic gardening only. Only plant based chemicals are allowed.
- NO CHARGE to check out a plot. HOWEVER, if you neglect your garden, City of Grimes does reserve the right to charge $50.00.
- GRIMES COMMUNITY GARDEN CONTRACT 2018 Please bring the application when you come to the library to check out your plot. Blank applications are available at library.
- Water Source: Hoses are at the garden for your convenience. Water is always turned on. To access water, press and twist on the nozzle. Please release the nozzle when you are done to stop the flow of water.
- Your produce is yours to keep, sell, or give.
- Please see the updated map of available plots to the right.
Here is the timeline:
Now- Grimes Community Members can register in person for these plots at Library. Plots are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
May 27/Memorial Day weekend – Garden Evaluation – If plot ‘owners’ have not cared for your garden/been in your garden by this weekend,
plot will be forfeited and given away to someone else.
October 1 – 15- Plots are cleaned up per the contract and checked out with Parks and Rec.
October 16-30- City will work up the ground for following year.
All plots are currently assigned. We are taking names and will reassign plots if current gardeners have not cultivated their plot by Memorial Day weekend.