Grimes Giving Garden
Sign up begins March 1st!
Email Cheryl Heid at email@example.com to reserve your plot.
“Check Out” a plot using a Grimes Public Library card. Don’t have a library card? It’s easy & free – come in with a photo ID and proof of current address (piece of mail, check, bill, etc.) and sign up for a free card. This will help us keep better track of the plots. Plots will be checked out to you for the entire garden season.
Here are the basics:
- Plots are first-come, first-served. Plot size is 15 x 25.
- Garden location is unknown at this point.
- NO CHARGE to check out a plot. HOWEVER, if you neglect your garden, City of Grimes does reserve the right to charge $50.00.
- GRIMES COMMUNITY GARDEN CONTRACT 2018 Please bring the application when you come to the library to check out your plot. Blank applications are available at library.
- Water Source: Hoses will be out at the garden for your convenience. Turn the spigot on to use. Please remember to turn it off when you leave the garden.
- Your produce is yours to keep, sell, or give.
- On Wednesdays from 7:00PM to sundown, a Master Gardener will be out at the garden to answer all of your questions.
Here is the timeline:
Feb 1- St. Peter Lutheran Church members can register at the Library
March 1- Grimes Community Members can register in person for these plots at Library.
April 2-13- “Tilling Day” (TBD) will be set up by Library. Tillers will be rented to be used by plot owners to work up their plot.
April 14-30- Gardens can be planted
May 27/Memorial Day weekend – Garden Evaluation – If plot ‘owners’ have not cared for your garden/been in your garden by this weekend,
plot will be forfeited and given away to someone else.
October 1 – 15- Plots are cleaned up per the contract and checked out with Parks and Rec.
October 16-30- City will work up the ground for following year.