The meeting room of the Grimes Public Library is available for use during regular library hours by community groups for presentation of informational, educational, or recreational meetings and programs in keeping with the mission of the Grimes Public Library.
Meeting room facilities will be made available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. Meetings are scheduled on a first come - first served basis.
Rooms may be used for:
- meetings which are open to the public;
- public lectures, panel discussions, film and slide presentations, group discussions, workshops, and other similar functions;
- organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or governmental activities.
Rooms may not be used for:
- any purpose which may interfere with the regular operation of the library;
- programs involving the sale, advertising, solicitation or promotion of commercial products or services;
- personal, company, or family parties.
1. No single group may have more than three (3) meetings reserved in advance.
2. No fees or donations may be sought from meeting attendees.
3. No charge will be made by the library for the use of the meeting rooms.
4. Users agree to abide by all regulations of the library relating to the use of the facilities and accept responsibility for all damages caused to the building and/or equipment beyond normal wear.
5. Users agree to abide by all regulations of the library relating to the use of the facilities and accept responsibility for all damages caused to the building and/or equipment beyond normal wear.
6. Users of the meeting room will follow the guidelines regarding meeting room use. These guidelines will be made available to all those users booking the rooms and posted outside the meeting room.
7. Use of the library meeting room does not imply endorsement by the library staff or Trustees of the viewpoints presented.
Meeting Room Guidelines
- Place furniture the way it was when you arrived.
- All garbage from food, etc. must be carried out at the end of your meeting/program.
- Room must be vacuumed after meeting/program if needed. If you have a question whether it is needed or not, please ask the circulation desk worker.
- Immediately report any damage that may have happened while you are still here.
- A projector is available for use along with a Blu-Ray player that can hook up to the projector or your own laptop, a pull-down screen, and a DVD player in the small meeting room. These are the only supplies available for meetings and must be reserved in advance.